Black Water Fiend
Black Water Fiend are a heavy rock band based in Coventry, England, consisting of Danny Starkey (Vocals/Bass) Sam Martin (Guitar) Tom James (Drums) & Alan Lewis (Bass).
Black Water Fiend was formed in 2018 originally as a trio. Initially, Black Water Fiend was a university project but very quickly became a serious hitter on the local music scene.
The band travelled the country bringing their raw energy-driven shows with them and making it their goal to connect with their audience.
With their dedicated and loyal following, the band have headlined some of the best venues in the UK as well as securing festival slots at home and abroad.
- Supported American rock giants Pop Evil at the SOLD-OUT Birmingham O2 Academy Show
- Their debut EP ‘Black Water’ was released in October 2018.
- They released their second EP ‘Catacomb’ in October 2019.
- The new single ‘Bring the Fire’ from Black Water Fiend is due for release in August 2021.
- Godiva Calling Winners 2018
- Debut EP hit excess of 10,000+ streams on Spotify alone in less than six months of its release
- Metal 2 the Masses Grand Finalists 2019
- Headline slot at Kieler Woche festival in Kiel, Germany 2019
- Played first international headline show at ‘Die Pumpe’ in Germany 2019
- In 2019 Black Water Fiend supported Pop Evil, played several high-profile festivals including Godiva Festival & Kieler Woche in Germany.
ABOUT THE SINGLE
Danny wrote Bring the Fire during a time when his emotions were running during a stage when he wasn’t being his true self to please certain people close to him.
He’d spent a while thinking that he didn’t amount to what everyone expected of him before realising that he wasn’t the problem.
The song is about being angry for letting someone else’s problems make you feel worthless and feeling like you have to change yourself into a different character to feel wanted and then getting back at them out of nothing but spite.
The chorus lyric ‘Bring the Fire’ is a metaphor for channeling the anger he felt into revenge but without showing any other emotion than anger as to give the impression that that’s all he felt and nothing else!
Danny, Sam & Alan – Are all from Coventry
Tom is from Nuneaton